Assisting with the issuance of birth certificates for anyone born in the state of Tennessee in 1949 or after. The cost of a Birth Certificate is $15.00 for each copy.
You will need a valid picture I.D. or two other identifications from the following list:
- Current pay stub or W2
- Vehicle registration with name and current address
- Voter registration card
- Military Discharge (DD214)
- Utility bill, bank statement or deposit slip with name and current address
- Health care coverage card
- Medical record
- Application page of an insurance policy
- Signed social security card
- For those who have had their I.D. stolen, a copy of a police report or another official document which support the theft
Certify and issue Death Certificates for anyone deceased in Putnam County within the last 6 years. The cost of a Death Certificate is $15.00 for each copy. Certified death certificates can only be issued to: next of kin, informant, or a legal facility with purpose of copy written out on the business letterhead along with a photo I.D.